This symposium is a multi-specialty cardiovascular educational symposium in North America on the frontier science of left atrial appendage. This topic is of tremendous interest in the practice of cardiovascular care. Over a period of two days, the symposium will offer very informative presentations on the anatomy, physiology, and pathological aspects of the left atrial appendage, along with old and new therapeutic strategies of stroke prophylaxis, including cardiac devices for LAA exclusion. Presenting will be the leaders in the field with a great depth of practical expertise in the science from across the world. This symposium will address gaps in knowledge and competence through didactic lectures, panel discussions, debates, and discussion of live case studies.
To learn more and register for this activity, click on the "register now" button below.
Hyatt Regency Austin
Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy, MD, FACC, FHRS
Andrea Natale, MD, FACC, FHRS, FESC
Saibal Kar, MD, FACC, FSCAI
Vivek Reddy, MD
David R. Holmes Jr. MD, FACC, FSCAI
- Examine the anatomy and physiology of the Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) and the impact it has on arrhythmias
- Review the impact of LAA on the heart
- Describe appropriate imaging techniques for LAA
- Review updates in LAA closure and novel oral anticoagulants clinical trials 2016
- Describe the role of oral anticoagulation in 2016 and the impact it has on atrial fibrillation management
- Examine the individuals roles and multi-specialty approach in establishing a successful LAA program
- Distinguish appropriate case selection for pharmacological and interventional therapies for stroke prophylaxis
- Examine practical issues related to LAA exclusion/occlusion procedures
- Summarize different LAA exclusion problems and the pros and cons
This symposium is designed for physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses and allied professionals in the fields of electrophysiology, cardiology, family, and internal medicine.