The 2017 Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Screening and Education Initiative is designed to increase awareness of AFib among patients and caregivers, support the development of an AFib screening and education program, and collect non-scientific data of patients screened.
HRS member grant recipient facilities:
- Department of Medicine, Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- East Carolina University - Department of Psychology
- Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare
- Mayo Clinic Rochester
- North Ohio Heart Center
- The OSU Ross Heart Hospital - Electrophysiology
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Wellness Center at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
The HRS AFib Screening Initiative targets those suffering from common co-morbidities or those showing signs of common risk factors. The HRS program also hopes to identify, screen, and educate patients at the point of care, in partnership with appropriate clinics and/or organizations at the local level. This opportunity was open to HRS members within the U.S. and is supported by the Bristol-Myers Squibb-Pfizer Alliance and AliveCor.