On Demand Product Available through:
11/19/2015 11:59 pm
In the current climate of Medicare audits, adequate medical record documentation of clinical decisions is becoming increasingly important. Physicians are continually challenged with documentation requirements. Join the Heart Rhythm Society for a live educational webinar conference on how to improve your medical record documentation.
This 90- minute session will provide an extensive overview of the intricacies of medical record documentation for heart rhythm care-related treatments and procedures. The session also will cover the coding changes for 2013 and the potential impact on the documentation and billing requirements for these services. The program will include a 15-minute question and answer session.
- EP Specifics
- Device Evaluation
- Discharge Summary
- Supporting Modifiers
- Supervision for Non-Physician Providers
- Professional Component vs. Technical Component
- RAC/MAC Identified Issues
- Documentation and Quality Care
- ICD Investigation/DOJ Resolution Model
- ICD Covered Indications Under CMS’ NCD Policy
- 2013 CPT Code Changes for EP Services
Free Member Access (Log In Required)
Amit Shanker, MD, FHRS
Chair, HRS Reimbursement and Regulatory Affairs Subcommittee
Director, Center for Advanced Arrhythmia Medicine
Jill Knight, RHIA, CCS, CIRCC
Atlanta Healthcare Consulting, Inc.
- Understand basic and EP-specific medical record documentation
- Explain the importance of documenting your clinical decision
- Discuss what constitute an adequate medical record documentation
- Explain the coding changes for 2013
- U.S. based cardiac electrophysiologists
- U.S. based cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology fellows
- U.S. based pediatric electrophysiologists
- U.S. based allied professionals
- U.S. based office administrators
- U.S. based coders
This program provides a forum for the open exchange and discussion of information affecting reimbursement and coverage for cardiovascular pacing and electrophysiology services. The Heart Rhythm Society cannot guarantee reimbursement for services as an outcome of the information and/or data used and disclaims any responsibility for denial of reimbursement. This information is intended for informational purposes only.
Isabelle Le Blanc