Heart Rhythm Society Health Policy Initiatives:
- Advocate for evidence-based, guidelines-driven, quality health care and fair reimbursement to healthcare providers.
- Advance the development and implementation of performance measures that lead to improved health outcomes for patients with heart rhythm disorders.
- Collaborate with the American Medical Association, medical specialty societies, regulatory agencies, and manufacturers to improve access to treatments and appropriate specialty and sub-specialty care.
Health Policy News and Updates:
- On September 11, HRS submitted public comments
on the 2018 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule.
- On August 10, HRS submitted public comments
on 2018 Quality Payment Program Proposed Rule.
- On August 2nd, HRS submitted public comments
on the MRI coverage reconsideration.
- On June 29, HRS submitted public comments
on ICD coverage policy.
- View the statement
on Coverage and Payment for the Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator (S-ICD™) System
- For information about the implementation of MACRA, visit the Society's MACRA Resource Center
IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation
The Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) is pleased to announce the launch of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation program. HRS, in partnership with the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC), the Pediatric & Congenital Electrophysiology Society (PACES), and the Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals (ACVP) worked with electrophysiologists and other experts in the field to provide a method by which facilities performing cardiac electrophysiology procedures can document their commitment to quality. Learn More
You are about to exit the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) website. Upon clicking the Continue button, you will be redirected to the IBHRE website.