Heart Rhythm Travel Scholarships
The Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) encourages and supports the efforts of early career and other heart rhythm professionals to participate in the Society’s activities. To that end, the Heart Rhythm Travel Scholarships support participation in the Annual Scientific Sessions with a complimentary registration to Heart Rhythm, up to $1,500 in reimbursement of travel costs paid after the Annual Scientific Sessions, and an invitation to the Heart Rhythm Society VIP Reception.
The number of scholarships to be awarded is contingent upon funds made available through individual donations.
The Travel Scholarships seek to:
- Introduce health care professionals who have expressed an interest in electrophysiology to the multiple facets of the electrophysiology specialty
- Promote continued collaborative relationships between early career professionals and experiences electrophysiology professionals
- Provide opportunities for mentoring of clinician scientists and health care professionals early in their training
Scholarships are appropriate for third-year Residents, Cardiology Fellows, and Post-doctoral Researchers interested in pursuing electrophysiology research, either in academic settings or private practice. Allied Professional applicants must be licensed RNs, PAs, NPs, or technicians employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice.
Membership is preferred but not required. Learn more about becoming a member of the Heart Rhythm Society today www.hrsonline.org/Apply-for-Membership.
The benefits of travel scholarships include:
• Reimbursement of up to $1,500 in travel expenses following the Annual Scientific Sessions
• Complimentary registration to Heart Rhythm
• Invitation to the VIP Reception and Ceremony at the HRS Scientific Sessions
The call for applications will begin at 8:00 am PDT/11:00 am EDT on Monday, February 12, 2018. Your application will be time-stamped as soon as it is submitted. Scholarships will be awarded to qualifying individuals on a first-come, first-served basis. The application site will close as soon as the quota has been reached. Awards will be announced on or before February 26, 2018.
Contribute to the Travel Scholarship Fund
Donate to the travel scholarship fund using the Heart Rhythm Society’s simple online donation form. You will be able to note that your gift should be applied to travel scholarships.