The Conference is jointly provided by Charlotte Area Health Education Center, Carolinas HealthCare System, CaroMont Health, and Novant Health. This inaugural conference will bring to the forefront the emerging technologies and treatment strategies for Electrophysiology (EP) and heart failure patient populations. Experts in the field of cardiac care management and electrophysiology will present on a variety of topics. Breakout session tracks will allow those interested in devices, EP lab, and clinical care to attend sessions relevant to their interests and specialties.
Continuing education credit will be provided for nurses and physician assistants. Applications will be made for AARC-CRCE credit for Respiratory Therapists and for AART credit for Radiology Techs.
CPCC Harris Conference Center
3210 CPCC Harris Campus Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
Robin A Leahy, RN, BSN, FHRS, CCDS
Kelly Bergen, MSN, AGACNP-BC
Robyn Abel, MPA, CCDS, CEPS
- Discuss innovative techniques for AF management and implications for AP practice
- Explore new technology for single chamber pacing: Implications for implant and follow-up
- Discuss advanced programming considerations for newer model CIED's
- Explain the role of advanced pacing and arrhythmia differentiation techniques, the evolution of ablation techniques and 3D mapping, and radiation reduction strategies in the EP Lab
- Discuss tips for managing emergencies and preventing complications in the EP Lab
- Discuss innovative strategies for AF and Heart Failure diagnosis and management
- Discuss pharmacological, procedural and non-invasive considerations for the arrhythmia patient
- Explore optimization of alert programming for CIEDs
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Radiology Technologists, Certified Cardiac Device Specialists, and other allied health professionals in the field of electrophysiology.