Research Fellowship Scholarship Opportunities in Cardiac Electrophysiology
2018 HRS Research Fellowship Scholarship
Each year, HRS awards Post-Doctoral Fellowships, which include:
- A one-year stipend of $50,000,
- A complimentary membership to the Heart Rhythm Society, and
- Complimentary registration to the Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions .
Apply for the 2018 Research Fellowship Scholarship by February 3, 2018, 5 p.m. ET.
Take advantage of this opportunity to expand your career!
Download instructions on how to apply for the HRS Research Fellowship.
- Must have an MD, PhD, DO, DVM, or equivalent degree by June in the year of award activation
- May not be enrolled in a graduate or medical school by June in the year of award activation
- May not have completed three cumulative years of post-medical school or graduate school research
- Sponsor must be a member of the Heart Rhythm Society by activation of award
Proposed research must be relevant to the goals and aims of the Society. Appropriate fields of study include epidemiological, community, clinical, and basic investigations within the general area of cardiac electrophysiology. Applicant should be intent on pursuing a career in independent research and interested in additional training under the supervision of a sponsor or mentor prior to a career in independent research.
HRS expects Fellowship recipients to use this award to promote their long-term goals in the field. Applicants must devote at least 80 percent of their effort to research or activities directly related to the proposed research.
"This award was crucial in my career and basically cemented my desire to become an electrophysiologist who wants to practice EP with a serious research lab to do translational research."
Rishi Arora, MD
"[This award] helped me bring in $10 million — not only to my lab and my research, but to the biomedical research industry. With that money, I paid salaries for young people that I supported until they got their fellowships."
Mario Delmar, MD, PhD, FHRS
If you have any questions, please contact Isabelle Le Blanc, Director of Health Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org