Welcome to the HRS 2020 Science Press Room. Here you will find all HRS-authored press releases as well as partner-authored press releases, which will be made available once their respective embargo lifts. The embargo for abstracts is Tuesday, May 5 at 5PM EDT. The embargo for Late-Breaking Clinical Trials is Friday, May 8 at 8AM EDT.
If you would like to register as press for HRS 2020 Science to gain access to all of the embargoed materials, including press releases presentations, and live/virtual press briefings, or to include your press release on this page, please contact email@example.com.
- HRS Press Releases
- June 16, 2020 - Global Survey Shows Physicians Question Safety of Treatment Options for COVID-19 Patients with Heart Rhythm Disorders
- May 8, 2020 - Clinical Trial Reveals Benefits of New Energy Source to Perform Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
- May 8, 2020 - Head to Head Trial Data Demonstrate Impact of Subcutaneous ICD Therapy Compared to TV-ICDs
- May 8, 2020 - New Study Shows Incidence of Clinically Silent Brain Lesions Among Atrial Fibrillation Patients Taking Anti-Stroke Medications
- May 8, 2020 - First In-Human Trial of Pulse Field Ablation Shows Safety & Efficacy
- May 5, 2020 - New Study Uncovers Sex and Race Disparities Around Treatment Pathways for High-Risk Cardiac Patients
- May 5, 2020 - New Study Shows AI-Based Facial Recognition Can Enable Patient Mobile Devices to Detect AFib
- May 5, 2020 - Frequent Coffee Consumption is Associated with Lower Incidence of Arrhythmias
- May 5, 2020 - Heart Rhythm Society Releases New White Paper on Atrial Fibrillation Centers of Excellence
- Industry Press Releases
- May 8, 2020 [AtriCure] - AtriCure Announces Results from CONVERGE IDE Clinical Trial
- April 30, 2020 [AtriCure] - AtriCure Announces Investor Update Webcast on May 8, 2020 in Conjunction with the 41st Annual Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) Virtual Meeting
- May 7, 2020 [ARCA Biopharma] - Clinical Data Evaluating Gencaro for the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation in Heart Failure Patients Featured in Three Presentations at the 2020 Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions
- May 8, 2020 [Boston Scientific] - Late-Breaking Clinical Trial Data Underscore Safety And Efficacy Of Boston Scientific S-ICD System
- May 8, 2020 [Boston Scientific] - PINNACLE FLX Study of the WATCHMAN FLX™ Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device Presented as Late-Breaking Clinical Trial at HRS 2020 SCIENCE
- May 7, 2020 [FARAPULSE Inc.] - FARAPULSE's Pioneering Clinical Results Link Compelling Long-term Outcomes to Established Safety and Lesion Durability Data
- May 8, 2020 [Medtronic] - New Data Unveiled at Heart Rhythm 2020 Demonstrate Effectiveness of App-Based Remote Monitoring of Medtronic Cardiac Devices, Significant Reduction in Complications with Micra Leadless Pacemaker
- May 8, 2020 [Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies/Biosense Webster, Inc] - Biosense Webster Unveils Late-Breaking Results from PRECEPT Study in Patients with Persistent Atrial Fibrillation
- May 8, 2020 [Thermedical] - Thermedical Announces SERF VT Study Presented as Part of HRS 2020 Science Late-Breaking Clinical Trial Sessions
When referring to the online content in your press materials, please use "Heart Rhythm Society 2020 Science."
The Heart Rhythm Society should always be referred to as "Heart Rhythm Society" or "the Society". Please do not abbreviate the name as HRS.
When describing the Heart Rhythm Society in your press materials, please use the following text:
"The Heart Rhythm Society is the international leader in science, education, and advocacy for cardiac arrhythmia professionals and patients and is the primary information resource on heart rhythm disorders. Its mission is to improve the care of patients by promoting research, education, and optimal health care policies and standards. Incorporated in 1979 and based in Washington, D.C., it has a membership of more than 7,000 heart rhythm professionals in more than 70 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.HRSonline.org."
Accepted abstracts are embargoed until 5:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, May 5, 2020. This means that information regarding any abstract submission may not be released before this time. Failure to honor embargo policies will result in the abstract being withdrawn and barred from presentation.
Accepted Late-Breaking Clinical Trials abstracts are embargoed until 8:00 AM EDT Friday May 8, 2020. For more information, please contact media@HRSonline.org.
The Heart Rhythm Society reserves the right to alter embargo times at its discretion. All press materials on presentations and Late-Breaking Clinical Trials must have the abstract number as well as the date and time of the embargo prominently displayed at the top of the press release. Press releases may be issued in the months prior to Heart Rhythm 2020 Science, but the release must not in any way reveal the data or study results. If the study results are reported prior to the embargo date and time, the abstract is subject to removal from Heart Rhythm 2020 Science.
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials Press Briefing Attendance Policy
Only registered press are permitted to attend the scheduled live/virtual HRS 2020 Science press briefings with lead authors and moderators. All other individuals and/or parties who would like to gain access to the recordings of these press briefings (post-embargo), may send their request to Media@HRSonline.org for consideration beginning May 9, 2020 at 9AM ET. Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.