FHRS for ABIM/AOBIM-certified Electrophysiologists
The Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS) credential exemplifies advanced training, certification and commitment to the field of electrophysiology.
FHRS will help to distinguish you among health care providers and researchers for your advanced training, certification, and commitment to the field of electrophysiology. It will clarify the referral process and serve as a credential for quality care among health care providers, patients, the media, and government. As a result, it will help you to publicize your skill in the treatment and/or research of heart rhythm disorders.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Materials
- Application Process
- Frequently Asked Questions about FHRS
To be considered for Fellowship in the Heart Rhythm Society as an electrophysiologist certified by ABIM or AOBIM in CCEP, you must*:
- Hold current membership with the Heart Rhythm Society as a Physician member. Not a member? Join now!
- Hold current ABIM or AOBIM certification in CCEP at the time of application submission.
- Two letters of support from current FHRS members .
- A letter from you documenting how you meet the criteria below. Please briefly state your intent to apply and provide information about your CCEP certification.
Completed applications from eligible candidates are considered by the Member Relations Committee. Please allow approximately four weeks for the Committee to consider your request.
Applications are accepted and considered throughout the year. FHRS status is conferred immediately upon approval by the Member Relations Committee.
The deadline for submitting a completed FHRS application in time for recognition at the upcoming Scientific Sessions is March 31. After that date, you can be approved for FHRS status but it may be too late for recognition at Scientific Sessions..