WASHINGTON, DC — The American College of Cardiology (ACC) and Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) announce a new collaboration to build and deliver innovative programs and resources for cardiology clinicians treating patients with atrial fibrillation (AF).
The new online portal, Afibprofessional.org , contains shared information from both organizations related to cardiovascular news, information and education related to AF. It also allows clinicians and experts in the cardiovascular field to share practical experience and opinions, while also providing resources for patients with the condition.
“Afibprofessional.org has been developed to elevate the public’s awareness of atrial fibrillation, educate patients and caregivers and ensure optimal care for cardiovascular patients,” said Kenneth A. Ellenbogen, MD, FHRS, FACC, Editor-in-Chief of the website. “Both the American College of Cardiology and Heart Rhythm Society are dedicated to providing timely and necessary resources to assist healthcare providers in their efforts to treat individuals with AF.”
The comprehensive information and resources on AFibProfessional.org include:
- Interviews with Leading Experts
- Professional and Patient Education Materials
- Pocket Guides and Tools
- Advocacy Updates and Resources
- Networking and Discussion Opportunities
- Clinical Documents and Clinical Trials
- Cardiosource and HeartRhythm Journal scans
- Featured Posts from Heart Rhythm Society’s new blog, EP Insights