Quality Payment Program Resources
Fred M. Kusumoto, MD, FHRS and Pamela K. Mason, MD, FHRS explain several aspects of the Quality Payment Program in the following short videos:
- What is MACRA? (Duration: 3:36)
- MIPS vs AAPM (Duration: 1:14)
- Practicing electrophysiology in the new healthcare system (Duration: 1:30)
- MACRA's Impact on EPs (Duration: 1:42)
- Place of health care policy in EP Fellowship (Duration: 1:30)
This guide will help you become familiar with the acronyms and terms used in MACRA.
The MACRA Final Rule: A 2017 Primer for Electrophysiologists Do you want to better understand the impact of MACRA’s Quality Payment Program on your practice? To prepare for the upcoming changes, HRS is providing a 40-minute complimentary on-demand webinar presented by Michael Gold, MD, FHRS, and Mr. Robert Jasak.
Preparing for the New MACRA, Medicare MIPS & APM Payment Update This 30-minute complimentary on-demand webinar, presented by David Slotwiner, MD, FHRS and Robert Jasak, JD, provides an overview of the program as it is detailed in the law.
AMA Tools and Resources to Navigate the QPP
To help members understand MACRA’s Quality Payment Program, avoid payment penalties, and maximize opportunities to receive bonus payments, HRS recommends a number of guides and tools that have been developed by the American Medical Association (AMA). These resources are intended to work in conjunction with those available through HRS in order to help as many physicians as possible avoid a negative four percent Medicare payment reduction in 2019. Sharing these products with HRS is one of the many benefits that HRS members receive through our work with the AMA. This information will be available until December 31, 2017.
The following AMA resources can be found at ama-assn.org/qpp-reporting:
- The video “One patient, one measure, no penalty: How to avoid a Medicare payment penalty with basic reporting”
- A sample CMS-1500 claim form
- Links to quality measures on the CMS web site
- Link to the CMS MIPS eligibility tool
- The AMA has released a new customizable resource, the MIPS Action Plan , to help physicians think strategically about how to successfully implement MIPS in 2017 to determine optimal steps to meet program requirements, and measure performance against important milestones.
Medicare's QPP Information
Access Medicare's website to learn more about how Quality Payment Program (QPP), Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), and Alternative Payment Models (APM) will affect your practice.