Electrophysiology Fellows Summit
Core to its mission, the Electrophysiology Fellows Summit is committed to advancing the field through high-quality collaborative education that is comprehensive and interactive.
This premier conference for fellows education provide an essential background into all facets of electrophysiology through expert lectures, interactive discussions, and illustrative cases presentations, complemented by live anatomy dissection demonstrations and personalized, hands-on simulation training.
Samuel Asirvatham, MD
- Evaluate anatomy, biophysics of ablation, and meaning of electrical signals.
- Review common commercially available mapping systems.
- Examine the underlying anatomy and physiology for atrial flutters.
- Evaluate the fundamentals of PVI and how to avoid proarrhythmia with linear ablation.
- Review techniques and technologies to map focal tachycardias.
- Assess techniques for safety with AF ablation.
- Review Intracardiac Ultrasound and imaging modalities in electrophysiology.
- Review and manage complications of AF and VT ablation.
- Describe the science critical to the understanding and treatment of ventricular arrhythmias including,
- biophysics of ablation and anatomic substrate for VT.
- Appraise correct use of maneuvers for SVT diagnosis.
- Apply approaches to difficult SVT cases, including congenital heart disease.
- Review fundamental device techniques including LV Leads, and the anatomy for implant and extraction.
- Examine key algorithms and troubleshooting for CRT and ICD.
The Summit is designed for trainees currently in (or entering) electrophysiology and cardiology fellowship programs. Additionally, current practicing electrophysiologists, cardiologists, nurses, physician assistants, and other associated allied healthcare professionals and physicians who are involved in the performance of ablation and device based procedures will find this program a beneficial and a comprehensive review.