Global EP Summit 2020
The Global EP Summit will provide an opportunity for leaders in EP research and clinical practice to interact in a forum which will encourage open discussion of their research, their perceived challenges, and future directions in EP. The prestigious faculty will also focus on global issues and will represent research and latest developments and encourage innovation and collaboration, world-wide.
The program will present the newest approaches and techniques in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac electrophysiology disorders, including atrial and ventricular arrhythmias. Participants will leave with up-to-date practical information which will have widespread clinical application. This course will provide a review of recent clinical guidelines and treatment strategies in the areas of atrial fibrillation ablation, stroke prevention in AF ventricular arrhythmia management, device infection prevention and management, and surgical electrophysiology procedures. Guidance using challenging cases and case discussion will be provided.
Oussama Wazni, MD, MBA FHRS
Khaldoun Tarakji, MD, MPH, FHRS
Walid Saliba, MD, FHRS
- Describe the latest techniques and clinical trial results with catheter ablation procedures that focus on targets or drivers of the AF substrate.
- Discuss how stroke prevention with VKA and non-VKA oral anticoagulants, and left atrial appendage occlusion devices can be used more effectively to avoid under-utilization of stroke prevention therapies in patients with AF.
- Demonstrate awareness of cardiac implantable electronic devices, allowing greater ability to address questions, problems, and other issues related to CIEDs in their patients.
- Appraise His-bundle pacing options, cardiac devices such as leadless pacemakers, subcutaneous ICDs, and wearable defibrillators.
- Discuss the role and impact of long-term ambulatory recording methods, including patient wearables, and implantable monitors.
- Recognize the advances n the management of ventricular arrhythmias such as anti-arrhythmic drub options, premature ventricular depolarization (PVD) ablation, VT-substrate ablation, sustained VT ablation, MRI image-guided VT ablation, voltage mapping, ICD implantation, and cardiac resynchronization therapy (VRT).
- Describe the challenges and new opportunities in lead management and appreciate new technologies in imaging and surgical rescue that have the potential to improve outcomes.
- Assess the role of cardiac surgery in invasive electrophysiologic procedures.
Global EP Summit 2020
7:45 am - 12:45 pm
Cleveland, Ohio United States of America