International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage (ISLAA)
This symposium, jointly provided by the Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning (ACHL) and the ISLAA Foundation, provides multi-specialty education to address gaps in knowledge and competence through didactic lectures, panel discussions, and case studies. This symposium is designed for physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses, and allied health professionals in the fields of electrophysiology, cardiology, family, and internal medicine.
Addressing the educational needs in the anatomy, physiology, and pathological aspects of the left atrial appendage, the 12th annual International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage (ISLAA) is in-person at the InterContinental New York Times Square in New York City, New York, as well as online participation.
- Dr. Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy – University of Kansas Hospital
- Dr. Andrea Natale – Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute
- Dr. Saibal Kar – Los Robles Medical Center
- Dr. Vivek Reddy – Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Dr. David R. Holmes Jr. – Mayo Clinic
- Compare and contrast DOACs for efficacy and safety while emphasizing the patient populations for whom they are best suited.
- Review evidence-based guidelines and best clinical approaches to thromboprophylaxis.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of systemic anticoagulation versus LAA exclusion technologies for stroke prophylaxis.
- Review the role of oral anticoagulation in stroke prophylaxis.
- Describe systemic thromboembolization and the role of LAA in patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Express a working knowledge of the role(s) of LAA in specific patient subgroups (ie, OAC treatment-(in)eligible, prescription failure).
- Discuss treatment options for the management of postoperative pericardial inflammation.
- Identify needle devices that can be utilized in specific patients to minimize complications associated with epicardial access.
- Review device types and techniques that may be employed to mitigate an incomplete LAA closure.
- Atrial Arrhythmias
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Clinical EP
- Device Therapy
- Heart Failure/CPT
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage
7:30 am - 5:30 pm
New York, New York United States of America