International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage (ISLAA)
To address educational needs in the anatomy, physiology, and pathological aspects of the left atrial appendage (LAA), the 8th Annual International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage (ISLAA), jointly provided by the Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning (ACHL) and the ISLAA Foundation, is a multi-specialty educational symposium, which will address gaps in knowledge and competence through didactic lecture, panel discussions, debate, and discussion of live case studies.
Dhanunjaya R. Lakkireddy, MD, FHRS
Andrea Natale, MD, FHRS
Saibal Kar, MBBS, MD
Vivek Y. Reddy, MD
David R Holmes, Jr., MD
- Compare and contrast NOACs for efficacy and safety, while emphasizing the patient populations for whom they are best suited.
- Review evidence-based guidelines and best clinical approaches to thromboprophylaxis.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of systemic anticoagulation versus LAA exclusion technologies for stroke prophylaxis.
- Review the role of oral anticoagulation in stroke prophylaxis.
- Describe systemic thromboembolization and the role of LAA in patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Express a working knowledge of the role(s) of LAA in specific patient subgroups (ie, OAC treatment-(in)eligible, prescription failure).
- Discuss treatment options for the management of postoperative pericardial inflammation.
- Identify needle devices which can be utilized in specific patients to minimize complications associated with epicardial access.
- Review device types and techniques which may be employed to mitigate an incomplete LAA closure.
This symposium is designed for physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses, and allied health professionals in the fields of electrophysiology, cardiology, and family and internal medicine.