Call for Leadership Nominations
Please help the Nominations Subcommittee determine the slate of Heart Rhythm Society officers and trustees for the 2018 - 2019 term. We invite you to recommend candidates for four positions, including two Trustees and the officer positions of Second Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer.
- The Second Vice President serves a one-year term.
- Secretary/Treasurer Andrew D. Krahn, MD, FHRS and Trustee Fred M. Kusumoto, MD, FHRS are both eligible to serve a second, two-year term, though reappointment is not automatic.
- At-large members of the Nominations Subcommittee or the Governance Committee are not eligible to be nominated for elected office.
- Former Board members are eligible to be nominated, provided they have not served on the Board for at least one term (three years) following the year in which they last served on the Board.
- Candidates must be Heart Rhythm Society members in good standing and must submit current disclosure forms, to be reviewed by both the Nominations and Ethics Committees.
- Candidates can self-nominate.
- Nominators cannot nominate more than two candidates.
- Candidates may be asked to provide additional information after their nominations are received.
- Potential Board Members must agree to divest relevant relationships to ensure that their total disclosure amount is less than $100,000, excluding research and fellowship support, prior to their start, and throughout their term, on the Board.
How to Submit a Leadership Nomination
Please download and review the Nominations Guidelines before submitting a nomination. To nominate a Board or officer candidate, you will need to submit a Nomination Form via email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or fax (202) 464-3401.
The Packet includes:
- The Nominations Form: A brief summary of the candidate’s qualifications for the nominated office, to indicate why you believe this candidate would be an effective leader for the Society.
- Candidate’s Bio Sketch (1 or 2 pages including the candidate’s ten (10) most important publications)
The deadline for Leadership Nominations is Friday, November 3, 2017. Questions should be directed to governance@HRSonline.org .
The Nominations Subcommittee will consider candidates and recommend a slate to the Board for approval, after which members will have an opportunity to vote on the slate via electronic and paper ballot. Newly elected officers and trustees will take office after the Awards and Recognition Ceremony held during Scientific Sessions in May 2018. Thank you for helping identify qualified candidates for these important positions.