James H. Youngblood Excellence in Leadership Award
The James H. Youngblood Excellence in Leadership Award recognizes a member of the Heart Rhythm Society who has demonstrated exemplary leadership through leading an initiative that has had community-wide impact. This award will aim to identify future leaders of the organization.
Nominations for the 2020 award are no longer being accepted.
The award is intended for a current member of the Heart Rhythm Society. Industry may nominate individuals, but the recipient cannot be currently employed by Industry.
How to Submit Nominations
To nominate a candidate for this award, you will need to submit at least one letter of nomination to the Awards Subcommittee via email to awards@HRSonline.org or by fax to: 202-464-3401.
- Letters must include examples of the individual’s leadership contributions.
- Letters must demonstrate how the nominee’s activities led to advancements for the HRS membership, community, and/or patients with heart rhythm disorders.
Award Winners Receive
- Complimentary registration to Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions
- $1,000 travel stipend to attend Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions
- Hotel accommodations for the duration of Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions
- Recognition on the HRS website
- Presentation of award by HRS' President at Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions
- Commemorative plaque
- $3000 to be applied to an approved leadership development course or activity
If the funding level of $200,000 is not reached, the Award will become a Term Award, awarded annually based on the total funds collected (e.g., max 10 years), with terms and award benefits subject to change.
Donations to fund this prestigious award are being accepted via www.hrsonline.org/donate.
Please contact awards@HRSonline.org.