Heart Rhythm VR
Immersive virtual reality training for cardiac electrophysiology
Introducing Heart Rhythm VR,* a collection of immersive virtual reality training experiences developed to provide health care professionals around the world the freedom to explore electrophysiology, advance their skills, and maximize their potential.
*Requires an Android-based virtual reality device such as Oculus Quest 2.
Developed in partnership with MedVR Education, the initial launch of Heart Rhythm VR will consist of three virtual reality courses:
• Identification of appropriate landmarks
• Surgically creating lateral and medial subcutaneous pockets
• Tunneling a subcutaneous lead in the appropriate orientation
• Securing the lead and attaching it to the S-ICD device
• Inserting the device in the pocket and closing the surgical field
- Hands-on and highly engaging, which can lead to enhanced learning retention
- Offers opportunity to make mistakes without risking the safety of patients
- Allows trainees to interact with virtual patients and receive immediate feedback
- Does not require expensive equipment and/or resources
- Ability to experience a variety of clinical scenarios that are difficult to reproduce in real life
- Increases confidence and improves performance in real-life situations
- Design and modify scenarios that meet the specific needs of an individual trainee
- Available to trainees even in the most remote areas of the world
About MedVR Education
MedVR Education is a continuing education multidisciplinary XR platform designed to offer off-the-shelf and customized VR training programs in the field of patient care and healthcare management. MedVR’s mission is to develop and build a well-trained, strong, and confident healthcare workforce that is ready to face real-world challenges.