Affiliate Membership was developed for professionals who work in the EP field but do not have specific medical, research, or equivalent training in EP (i.e., for professionals who are not physicians, allied health professionals, or scientists).
More than 40 years ago, the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) was established by EP pioneers. As the go-to membership society for all experts in cardiac pacing and heart rhythm care, HRS represents the field of electrophysiology worldwide, not just an occupation. Today, our membership boasts more than 8,000 clinicians, researchers, and professionals in 90 countries.
HRS is the pivotal connector for all organizations and institutions dedicated to serving patients around the globe suffering from heart rhythm disorders. We are also helping to prepare the next generation of EP leaders to be the drivers of scientific discoveries, leaders of health programs throughout the world, and the astute clinicians on the front lines providing life-saving care.
As the foremost EP society, the value of membership is unparalleled for heart rhythm professionals working to understand, shape and impact the field.
Membership connects individuals throughout the broader EP community. From rhythm management to clinical guidelines, to innovation, and reimbursement: together the HRS community is helping to advance the field. HRS also speaks authoritatively on a host of issues critical to the entire EP ecosystem. We invite you to be a part in this powerful network.
Qualifications, Affiliate Membership was developed for professionals who work in the EP field but do not have specific medical, research, or equivalent training in EP (i.e., physician, allied health professional, or scientist). We are intentional about curating a diverse and dynamic community centered on belonging where members can cross-pollinate ideas and networks.
Become an Affiliate Member
To qualify for Affiliate membership, you must demonstrate a substantial ongoing commitment to the field of EP and/or pacing. During the application you will be asked to provide:
- A link to your professional profile (LinkedIn, Employer staff webpage, etc.) OR you can upload your CV/Resume/Biosketch.
- A brief letter of reference from a current HRS physician, scientist, or allied health professional member. (An automated reference request is available in the application for your convenience. Simply provide the HRS members’ name and email.)
- Previous attendance at one HRS Annual Meeting (excluding exhibitor booth registration) OR a second letter of reference from a current HRS member.
Access to the EP Community
- Increasing others’ access to you
- Build personal relationships
- Transcend from vendor to trusted partner
- Gain positive positioning
- Share your story
- Engage year-round
- Listed among our vetted Affiliate members
Stay Up to Date
- Gain a competitive edge by learning about emerging trends
- Keep up with the latest recalls
- Learn about US policy and regulatory changes
- Gain critical knowledge about how EPs are operationalizing the latest policies
- Access to the latest research in Heart Rhythm Journal
- Connect and ideate with EP clinicians, leaders, and influencers
- Watch educational sessions or access our library of on-demand sessions, available in video or audio formats through Heart Rhythm 365
- Registration discounts
- Heart Rhythm annual meeting
- Discount for publication in our highly regarded HRS journals
- Complimentary and discounted education in Heart 365
- Free Heart Rhythm journal subscription ($375+ savings)
- IBHRE exam discounts
Elevate Your Profession
- Expand your peer network
- Learn new and creditable information
- Interact with leading global experts
- Offer your technical assistance
- Showcase your expertise
- One free 30-day ad for position announcements on HRS job board
Affiliate Membership Dues Rates
|Affiliates in the United States
|Affiliates Outside the United States: World Bank High or Upper-Middle Income Countries
|Affiliates Outside the United States: World Bank Low or Lower-Middle Income Countries
Affiliate members have benefits and privileges that are similar to those enjoyed by other members, with the following restrictions:
- Excluded from groups on HRS Communities, except for a dedicated Affiliate community which all members can also choose to join.
- Excluded from access to the member directory, though Affiliate members can choose to be listed so that other members can reach out to them.
- Ineligible to hold elected offices or serve on committees, task forces, working groups, or councils of the Society, except in special circumstances deemed appropriate by the President.
Visit our Membership FAQs or contact us at membership@HRSonline.org or 202-464-9855.