Research Fellowship Scholarships
The Heart Rhythm Society has established post-doctoral fellowships in cardiac electrophysiology encouraging and supporting research training of individuals in either basic or clinical electrophysiology. These fellowships assist awardees in initiating careers in electrophysiology research while obtaining significant research results.
Each year, HRS awards Post-Doctoral Fellowships, which include:
- A one-year stipend,
- Complimentary membership to the Society, and
- Complimentary registration to the Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions.
The 2019-2020 application period is now closed. The 2020-2021 application period will open in the Fall of 2019.
- Must have an MD, PhD, DO, DVM, or equivalent degree by June in the year of award activation
- May not be enrolled in a graduate or medical school by June in the year of award activation
- May not have completed three cumulative years of post-medical school or graduate school research
- Sponsor must be a member of the Heart Rhythm Society by activation of award
Proposed research must be relevant to the goals and aims of the Society. Appropriate fields of study include epidemiological, community, clinical, and basic investigations within the general area of cardiac electrophysiology. Applicant should be intent on pursuing a career in independent research and interested in additional training under the supervision of a sponsor or mentor prior to a career in independent research.
HRS expects Fellowship recipients to use this award to promote their long-term goals in the field. Applicants must devote at least 80 percent of their effort to research or activities directly related to the proposed research.
At the time of award activation, the candidate cannot have completed more than three years cumulative of post-medical school or post-graduate school (whichever degree is applicable) research experience.
If you have any questions, please contact Isabelle Le Blanc, Director of Health Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the instructions on how to apply for the HRS Research Fellowship. Then, check the required documents and forms that must be completed in order for your application to be considered for review.